Window Screen Tamper

Hey all,

I have a customer with alarm window screens.  One of the screens has high
resistance on the loop.  I have been told that it due to a bad tamper
switch.  Presently the resistance is 125 ohms.  A couple of weeks ago it was
14 ohms.

My question is if I am reading this resistance what is going on with the
tamper switch??  And what will happen long term.  Will it eventually go open
or will the resistance go to K ohms or M ohms??

TIA

Les