Re: OT: Interesting article on the healthcare bill

"Jim" wrote:

> Now, ..... more than exitst right now, every alcoholic,
> drug abusing, indigent, baby producing, chronic
> panhandling, illegal alien, inbred, on-the-take from
> govnernment hand outs, has got even MORE of a free
> ticket on my hard earned income.

One at a time:

1. alcoholic -- Alcoholism is recognized as a disease so yes, alcolholics with
insurance will be able to seek treatment.

2. drug abusing -- Same as alcoholism

3. indigent -- The reforms are primarily targeted at the "working poor," --
working, tax-paying people whose employers will not or can not provide
insurance.  I don't know what effecxt the bill will have on welfare recipients
because I haven't read that part but I'll look for it and tell you what I can
find.

4. baby producing -- True, anyone whose insurance includes "family" coverage
would certainly send their doctor bills to the insurance company they use.  I
suspect you didn't mean "baby producing" the way I replied.  :)

5. chronic panhandling -- Begging is not so much an illness as a way of life.  I
think someone posted here about a guy whose sign said, "Why Lie. I need a Beer."

6. illegal alien -- They're specifically not covered.  I've read the bill on
this, Jim.  They get nothing they didn't have before.  Zero change.  We can
argue the merits of what they do get without the bill, but the bill itself gives
them nothing.

7. inbred -- Yes, the Tea Party leadership are covered.

> Not to mention how it's going to be mishandled, abused,
> and raped by those who are already second, third and
> fourth generation manipulators of government run "public
> assistance" agencys.

On this we totally agree.  No matter what we do, there will
always be scammers.  I don't want to let their disgusting
actions stop my country from doing something I believe is
good for 32,000,000 hard-working, tax-paying, law-abiding,
born in the USA, American citizens. [phew, need to catch
my breath]

> Apparently the only ones who learned anything from the
> Wellfare stupidity was the dregs of humanity who abused
> it. Obviously no one in the Democratic Senate, House or
> White House did.

Welfare is definitely a mess.  Every time they try to improve
it those who don't really need it find a way.  Meanwhile, those
who deserve a helping hand and really want to improve their
lives get less help because the scammers grab most of it.

This bill is not welfare.  It is reform of insurance.  The ones
who made it necessary are the crooked thieves running
the big insurance companies.  They have lied, manipulted,
bribed and cheated consumers to make themselves rich.
We both know that these are the real culprits.  We agree
completely about scmmers at the bottom end.  I hope we
agree about those at the top as well.

In the middle we have government, led by people on
both sides, mostly whose primary goal is to stay in power.

Under the whole mess... you and me.  :^(

Regards,
Robert