Re: Doug

"Doug" wrote:

> > Robert
>
> I'm not sure that I'm sorry for anything I said to or
> about you, be it rude,
> nasty or otherwise but I am sorry that your fight against
> cancer isn't going
> well.
>
> There is no need for you to apologise to me either,
> nothing that was said
> between us caused any harm other than perhaps a slight
> loss of face. I took
> none of it seriously and found most of it amusing, even on
> the rare (very)
> occasion that you got one over on me.
>
> To me, it was just a game, childish perhaps, but I'd be
> lying if I said I
> didn't enjoy it.
>
> If anyone deserves an apology, from you, me, and
> everything else involved,
> its the group itself and those that left because of the
> constant flames &
> bickering.
>
> Doug

Somehow I missed Doug's reply until Jim quoted it.  Thanks
for that, Jim.

Doug, you're right. The whole ridiculous flame war is a
waste ansd a disruption.  I do apologize to the newsgroup as
a whole for my part of it.

And thank you for caring about the cancer.

Jim said:

> Very well said Doug. Said like a gentleman, all so true
> and I wish I had been able to think of them to say.

You've been a gentleman, Jim.  I'm glad we made peace.
Besides, the weather is about to turn warm and I've got this
huge grill and well...  :^)

> So, Ditto.

Same here.

Regards,