Re: Universal Healthcare Passes

tourman wrote:
> On Mar 21, 6:16 pm, "Robert L Bass" <rob...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> America won!
>
> RHC: It has always amazed me how the US is one of the few countries in
> the civilized world that doesn't provide some measure of basic health
> coverage for all it's citizens. Glad to see you've decided to join the
> rest of the world....:}}

We DO provide basic health care.  Besides Medicare/Medicaid, no one is
turned aways from emergency rooms, there are clinics, either state run,
charity run or both, in just about every county.  Most states have
programs for kids from families who can't afford insurance - it's just a
matter of finding/utilizing these opportunities.  Some folks are just
too lazy to go collect their freebies, they want 'em delivered to the door.

It was bullshit that we HAD to rush, rush, rush and jam through a bill
that doesn't provide ANY benefits for several years.  Why not?  'Cause
the guy shoving it down our throats KNOW it's crap and wants to be out
of the way of the shrapnel when we finally get a taste of it.

> There was someone who once said that you can judge the worth of a
> society by the measure of how well it treats it's poorest citizens.
> Dunno who said it, but I personally think it's certainly one valid
> measure.......

I have been to third world countries and seen the poor there.  I have
sen some of the poorest in this country.  The poor here have far more
resources and opportunities than I have seen in other places.  I think
we score pretty good by your measure.

In fact, our "poorest citizens" HAD health care.  There were some people
who "made too much money" to get medicare but not enough buy insurance.
  Those people slipped through the gigantic cracks in the system caused
by government toadies - the same toadies we are now saying are going to
be the saviors of us all.