Re: Sprinkler system filled with antifreeze cause house to explode when activated

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "petem" wrote:
>>
>> when one head is poped cause of over heat, a valve is release
>> on an other pipe network that has open head and all over the
>> place and water is pourred every where...
>>
>> we call that a deluge systeme here, and you dont want to trig
>> those by error
>
> We have those in the States, too, but they're not all that common. One
> warehouse where I worked on the alarm had a deluge system in it. I don't
> know what they originally had there but my customer was a branch
> warehouse for a national chain selling computers and office supplies.
> You can only imagine the damages if someone triggered that.  :^)

Geeze - you would think that his insurance company would have required
him to have that system changed.  Probably could have been done just by
changing out the heads and main valve.  Wouldn't have been cheap but a
real money saver in the event of a small localized fire somewhere in the
warehouse.

To warrant a deluge system around here it usually means some sort of
flammable chemical storage or the like.  Something you really don't want
to take any chances with.

Though to watch TV & movies, ALL systems are deluge systems...