Paypal has been hacked

Looks like ebay / Paypal has some problems. I had my Paypal account
hacked yesterday when someone hacked into Paypal somehow and bought a
$700 laptop on my credit card. When I lodged an objection, they
returned the money IMMEDIATELY. So it seems they knew about what
happened to me and almost automatically negated the purchase with no
investigation involved.

The shipping address for the purchase clearly showed a party in
Decatur, Georgia. You have to wonder why someone would do this and
them give themselves away as a thief. I also wonder if these crimes
are actually prosecuted properly; otherwise there is nothing to
discourage this kind of crime.

If you have a Paypal account, I strongly suggest you change your
password immediately. Clearly they are not going to announce this
hacking has happening, since they advertise themselves as the most
secure site around for on line transactions.

RHC