Re: OT: Leviticus vs Gay

"Rockytsquirrel" wrote in message
>> I like the bumper sticker I see
>> around here.
>>
>> "If you do not believe in God better
>> hope you made the right choice in
>> the end"
>
> doesn't that seem to put "faith"  in "hope"..

I'm not sure.  What it says to me is simply this.  It's very
important to make the right choices while you still can.

I've made many choices in my life.  As anyone who knows me
is aware, some of them have been wrong choices.  I'm not
trying to "make everything right".  I just want to make
right choices from now on and one thing that includes --
must include -- is to admit past faults or offenses and
"offer the olive branch" where appropriate.

For example, in a recent thread I implied without cause that
Mark is gay.  That was wrong because 1) I have no reason to
believe he's gay; and 2) it was intended to hurt.  I
apologize to Mark for that and for every other negative
thing I've ever said about him, regardless of the context.

Those who've done or said hurtful things to me I forgive.
Sometimes that opens a path to friendship.  Sometimes not.
But it closes a chapter of animosity on my part and that's
(IMO) a good thing.

Regards,
Robert