Re: WTB: SK5520 Programmer

On Mar 1, 1:15=EF=BF=BDpm, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, my last SK5520 finally took a dump. It no longer wants to program
> any panels. Does anyone have one of these dinosaurs they are willing to
> part with?
>
> Thank you
>
> Jim Rojas

What a sign of the times.

Years ago, when an electronic device went bad, since everything used
discreet components, mostly all you had to do was take a VOM and
figure out which component was fried, and replace it. And if you had a
working unit you could compare component readings from one unit to the
other to find the bad component. You could even repair TV sets that
way, if you had the patience to do it. Occasionally you'd have to buy
a set of SAMS schematics and resort to a oscilliscope to trace some
signals, but not that often. And what would we have done without the
Tube Testers down at the drug store?

It's amazing that all that aquired knowledge is so useless now.

Repair nowdays consists of     .... If it don't work ..... throw it
away and get a new one.