Re: Paypal has been hacked

On Mar 11, 11:40=A0am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 11, 7:32=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Looks like ebay / Paypal has some problems. I had my Paypal account
> > hacked yesterday when someone hacked into Paypal somehow and bought a
> > $700 laptop on my credit card. When I lodged an objection, they
> > returned the money IMMEDIATELY. So it seems they knew about what
> > happened to me and almost automatically negated the purchase with no
> > investigation involved.
>
> > The shipping address for the purchase clearly showed a party in
> > Decatur, Georgia. You have to wonder why someone would do this and
> > them give themselves away as a thief. I also wonder if these crimes
> > are actually prosecuted properly; otherwise there is nothing to
> > discourage this kind of crime.
>
> > If you have a Paypal account, I strongly suggest you change your
> > password immediately. Clearly they are not going to announce this
> > hacking has happening, since they advertise themselves as the most
> > secure site around for on line transactions.
>
> > RHC
>
> Paypal is a common target for things like that, I had the same thing
> happen a couple of years ago

RHC: At least they were straight up about immediately refunding the
money. What amazes me is the guy that did this had the device shipped
to (supposedly) his home address. Why would anyone be that obvious and
stupid? I sent a report to the FBI site for reporting this kind of
thing; however, since no money was actually lost (by me anyway), no
action will likely ever be taken. But if you don't report these
things, they will never know what's going on.

Since they have the guys name and address, It would seem a pretty
straight up prosecution ?????

I gotta say, I'm not as comfortable using Paypal as i used to be....