Re: Tech Help!

"Spellcheck Patrol" wrote:

> I use siamese on every job...

I never liked using siamese (prefer a nice calico) cable.  If there were only a
few cameras I'd use local power and run coax back.  More than 4 and I'd run
separate coax and 18/2.  It's just a personal preference.  I feel the same about
most any bundled cable arrangements for HA, too.

> Always have. Always will. I did a 25 camera job on a 5 level completely
> finished
> brownstone  (5 per level), and while cat5 would have had me out of there
> within
> 3 days I stayed the course and used siamese. It was a bitch, but there's no
> way
> in hell I am using 24 gauge cable for power...

Only for PoE and even then I'd want the power source close to the camera.  Some
folks seem to think that because it's PoE they can inject the power into the
cable two hunded feet from the camera and it will magically be OK.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics