Re: Leviticus vs Gay

"Bill" wrote:

> That's funny!
>
> I think I'll print that out and place it near my
> front door. Then the next time someone
> comes to my door trying to "save" me (grow
> their congregation and in turn make more
> money for their congregation), I'll say: "What
> about this?"

Try not to be too hard on those who come proselytising. I
think that most of the people who come knocking genuinely
believe in what they are telling you. They want to share
something that has given them great joy and peace in their
own lives. Some get a little over-zealous and they can be
annoying, even to those of us who share their faith.

The ones who are looking for "lucre" are easy to spot. Many
have huge TV shows with slick and unending appeals for you
to support this or that "mission." There are also a fair
number of local churches where they preach only to grow the
congregation and that only to line the leaders' pockets. But
most *real* churches are just gatherings of people -- some
large and some not so large -- trying to learn and to grow
closer to the One in whom they have placed their faith.

There's nothing wrong with saying sorry, that's not my
thing. If they persist, you've got the doorknob. I'm going
to hand it to each "religious" person who starts
gay-bashing.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass