Re: Tech Help!

"Spellcheck Patrol" wrote:

> Thank you. The occasional product demo is what really irked
> me about the vendors. I feel it is a better business practice to
> display functioning equipment so dealers can make an educated
> decision in the store.

This is where a company servicing dealers differs from one like
mine, serving the DIY public.  The average DIYer can't tell from
the demo as much as an experienced dealer can because he has
not seen a lot of similar products in the field.  I spend a lot of
time on the phone explaining this and that, but it all works out in
the end.

> That is a very smart move on your behalf, providing the
> leasing company is writing paper instead of going through
> the motions...
>
> It's also good to see you have the access to a leasing
> company...

Without going into detail, I've established some relationships
that will make it possible.  In today's economy, things that
would have been trivial a few years ago are now make-or-
break issues.

> Many dealers are turned down by leasing companies for
> one reason or another (usually credit), so they can't offer
> the leasing option even if they wanted to. I still have my
> vendor accounts with some solid leasing companies so if
> a dealer wants leasing they can offer it through me (for
> a fee).

Excellent!

> You shouldn't hesitate for a moment about offering
> leasing on other items. Do it wherever you can.

I'm sure you're right but I am cautious about financial
matters.  Too much can go wrong very fast.

>> It's ideal for guys just breaking into the business, and
>> for some established dealers with limited access to
>> powerhouse pricing.
>
>> Out of curiosity, what do you pay for 500ft 95%
>> swept siamese?
>
> How about a specific part number, please? <
>
> Pick the cheapest 95% shielded  500ft roll of siamese
> cable (rg59-18/2) UL that you can find.

Truth is I don't use siamese and I usually recommend against
using it. You've probably seen the recent discussion over in
news:comp.home.automation about "home automation"
cabling.

>> And how many beef patties will you be ordering today?
>
> All you can eat. <

> The greatest 4 words a fat person could ever wish to hear.
>
> What I am doing isn't a novel idea. Many guys would
> like to do this, but the financial risk spooks them off. It
> doesn't scare me at all. Worst case scenario is I never
> sell anything to dealers, which means I have to strap
> on the tool belt and sell it to end users.

You've been there before.  No problem, but it sounds
like this will work for you.

--

Regards,
Robert