Re: Napco GEM3200 Reporting problem

On Feb 28, 11:28=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 28, 8:26 pm, "Robert L Bass" <rob...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > "Jim" wrote:
>
> > > ... And I can't imagine what "debugging" could be
> > > accomplished by temporarily changing the keypad...
>
> > I agree there's not much to be gained that way.
>
> > Side note:
>
> > Napco, unlike any other alarm manufacturer I'm familiar with, gives us =
the
> > chip's address layout. That makes it easier to design software to work =
with
> > their systems. Also, Quickloader includes (at Tools / Panel Error Check=
) a
> > useful tool for checking program values. It will warn of missing or inc=
ompatible
> > settings.
> > In earlier Quickloader releases of the error check routine itself had p=
roblems
> > but they seems to have been remedied.
>
> > Always use the error check routine before downloading to the panel and =
after
> > uploading from a panel (advice to OP.. Jim knows this stuff).
>
> > --
>
> > Regards,
> > Robert L Bass
>
> Oh THAT hexi editor! =A0I didn't make the connection. I thought he had
> some kind of application other than the Quickloader that he was trying
> to work with.
>
> The error check is ummmm kinda OK. I occasionally am reminded of
> something I forgot, but you can't depend on it totally. Just running
> through the entire program as if you were doing it all from scratch
> will sometimes reveal things that the Error check just doesn't see as
> important enough to point out. Sometimes I get surprised by the things
> it misses that you would think would be obvious.

If you go to Address Programming>Messages Editor and Language Editor
it gives you a hex editor

I thought since they called it ____*Editor* that I could change stuff
and it would download. Is there another way to edit the system
messages?

The only change that downloaded was the "SYSTEM READY" message I
changed elsewhere in Quickloader