Re: Now thats service -MPI-25 installed 1983 finally dies

"nick markowitz" wrote:

> Now thats what you call service from a product
> installed a MPI-25 in 1983 for a customer who
> has used it everyday since then and it finally
> stopped working yesterday.

I beta tested the short-lived MPI-26.  The panel was and
probably still is installed in a wealthy home on Rattlesnake
Mountain.  They were in the process of remodeling the place.
I'm fairly certain these people were multi-millionaires.  I
offered the panel at no charge if they'd accept a beta.  The
guy said, sure.  It worked, never needed service other than
fresh batteries every few years.

I don't recall if they ever brought the model to market or
if it just came and went.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass