Re: Napco GEM3200 Reporting problem

"Jim" wrote:

> The error check is ummmm kinda OK. I occasionally
> am reminded of something I forgot, but you can't depend
> on it totally...

It's handy.  The current release is fairly complete, and for a
newbie, definitely a must use.

> Just running through the entire program as if you were
> doing it all from scratch will sometimes reveal things that
> the Error check just doesn't see as important enough to
> point out. Sometimes I get surprised by the things
> it misses that you would think would be obvious.

Well, that's true but we've both been through it so many
times it's not the same. Even a young tech with some
experience can miss something.

Since I'm almost invariably walking someone else through
the routine over the phone, I walk them through that, too.
Most of the time the client doesn't want monitoring, but a
few will set it up and just leave the triggers off in the feature
selection screen and leave the telco numbers empty.
That shows up and shows them how to handle it later.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics