Re: impact of corruption on alarm company

"Nathan W. Collier" <no@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> im posting this because ANY of you could find yourself in this same
> position.  see http://CorruptionInBillings.com for the details.  the
> charges have since been dropped, but they NEVER should have happened to
> begin with. Now its my turn; civil action pending.  for the record, i have
> asked for an apology and assurance that policy would be changed so that
> this cannot happen to anybody else.  since the FD is unwilling to give me
> either, court action is the ONLY way i can bring change.

Three things that come to mind.

One is that fire inspectors tend to take their own interpretation of codes.
Sometimes not at all meaning what the code says, but usually much more
restrictive and difficult.  They may even think they are doing the right
thing, although exercising authority over other people does seem to be a
prevailing trait in people who claim to be "serving" the community.

There is a whole class of contractor out there that looks for spec
discrepancies and if they find any they low ball the bid knowing they will
have the client by the short hairs on change orders.  Being from the "east
coast" I'm sure your property owners are quite aware of the way some
contractors do business and immediately took steps to keep from having their
short ones jerked.

If you were every introduced as the building or property manager, or manager
was ever used in reference to you and your position you may be found more
responsible than your real position.

I'm not a lawyer and I am not playing one on the internet.  These comments
are purely for conjecture and are worth less than you paid for them.