Re: Winload question

"mleuck" wrote:
>> Napco makes it easier. They upgrade a single downloader
>> each time there's a new product or series. Only the very
>> oldest (out of production for many years), models use the
>> old software.
>
> Honeywell and DSC have one package for all panels...

Oops, my mistake.  I was thinking you were discussing a DSC
product... not the Esprit.  Next time I'll pay closer attention.

> Napco is still behind the times

Actually, I just ran up against a problem with Napco software
tonight. I went with a friend to program his system using a new
laptop. I installed the beta software and it was fine until I went
looking for a port for the PCI-MINI-USB.  Software wanted
the driver. I installed the driver. Softwae wanted .net so I
downloaded .net and tried to install it. Program bombed.  :(

>> Perhaps it's because they're used to it. Old habits are hard
>> to break.

> They sound a lot like Paradox...

I never installed a Paradox system. I'll take your word for it.
I'll call tech support on Monday and see what's up.

Problem is then I have to go back again and sometimes it's
hard for me even to leave the house. Some days I'm fine.
Today was mixed. I went to a pain management seminar at
the Wellness Community but I had to take morphine just to
be able to go.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass