Re: Insurance companies

On Mar 9, 9:50=EF=BF=BDpm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 9, 9:29=EF=BF=BDpm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Dunno how you do it but when I put a client on line, I give them a
> > > folder containing a copy of the contract, the written call list, my
> > > warranty and the insurance certificate filled out describing their
> > > system (plus their system user manual). They can then forward it to
> > > their insurance company themselves. Years later when they change
> > > insurance companies, and want another certificate forwarded to their
> > > new company, I retrieve it from their file, scan it and email it to
> > > the insurance company for them..
>
> > > Simple and certainly not much trouble. Anything beyond that, as you
> > > describe could be a real pain though.
>
> > > It also makes me wonder what right these guys have to ask for all tha=
> > > stuff that has nothing to do with a simple alarm installation....??-
>
> > I try not to give the certificates to the home owner. I get the fax
> > number of the insurance agency and fax it to them direct. Now I've got
> > the name of the Insurance company and this allows me to notify them
> > should the client cancel their monitoring. The way I figure it, if the
> > client cancels monitoring, some/many will never tell their insurance
> > company and continue to receive the discount. If the insurance company
> > never asks them for an up date, they will reap the benefits of having
> > a monitored alarm system without actuall being monitored. As far as
> > I'm concerned, that's ok with me as long as there isn't an incident.
> > However, if there IS and incident, and the insurance company thinks
> > that I monitor the client, I can be drawn into having to prove that I
> > don't monitor the account. I don't have time for that kind of
> > possibility as remote as it might be. It's also nice to have the
> > advantage if you should have a client that has to be cut off for non
> > payment.
>
> RHC: That may well be the case in "sue crazy" America but not an issue
> hereabouts. The customer is totally responsible for his interface with
> his insurance company. If they are stupid enough to cancel monitoring
> without advising their insurance company properly, they could find
> themselves in a difficult situation making a claim that their company
> will pay out on. When clients do cancel, they are told that in
> writing.
>
> I give all my clients the best of every kind of service possible.
> However, I dont babysit their ethics. They are responsible for their
> security. I just assist-

Their "ethics" is not my concern. I'm concerned about me, my time, my
inconvenience, at my expense due to their lack of attention. And by
the way, it has never been proven to me that an insurance company will
deny a claim even if they HAVE lied about having an alarm system.

Has anyone here ever heard of this happening?