Re: Insurance companies

On Mar 9, 11:11=A0am, "Bite Me" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have noticed a very strong upsurge in insurance companies demanding
> letters regarding client alarm systems. =A0Enough so that its actually ta=
king
> a significant portion of my time to deal with. =A0Looks like just the nex=
> wave of insurance companies trying to push liability off on others and / =
or
> drive up rates for clients. =A0This just seems like the latest round of b=
uck
> pushing by big insurance. =A0We can just hope they will collapse.
>
> I first noticed it getting bad a few years ago, right after Hurricane
> Katrina, and again after the court rulings about having to pay claims the=
> thought they would get out of. =A0Back then it was at the proffessional l=
evel.
> All the generals were demanding all kinds of things they never asked abou=
> before. =A0Not just proof of insurance, or even additional insureds. =A0O=
ne sent
> me a seven page document of demands they said their insurance company was
> insisting on from all their subcontractors. =A0The killer for me was the
> clause stating that they right to tell me to fire an employee. =A0It was =
not
> worded to say they could tell me not to allow a particular employee on th=
eir
> job sites. =A0The way it was worded I had to terminate them on their say =
so.

> Driving up the cost of doing business is not they way to rebuild the
> economy.

Dunno how you do it but when I put a client on line, I give them a
folder containing a copy of the contract, the written call list, my
warranty and the insurance certificate filled out describing their
system (plus their system user manual). They can then forward it to
their insurance company themselves. Years later when they change
insurance companies, and want another certificate forwarded to their
new company, I retrieve it from their file, scan it and email it to
the insurance company for them..

Simple and certainly not much trouble. Anything beyond that, as you
describe could be a real pain though.

It also makes me wonder what right these guys have to ask for all that
stuff that has nothing to do with a simple alarm installation....??