Re: Putting GPS in a new freight liner

On Jun 30, 1:29=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "mleuck" <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > On Jun 29, 4:46 pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> One of my customers asked me today to install a GPS/Alarm and CB radio
> >> on there new MK4 freight liner box truck what a pain the freight
> >> liners are now all computerized and trying to get something hot when
> >> key is turned is a real pain use to be able to go off fuse block not
> >> now luckily i called freight liner and was told to hook into radio
> >> which has always hot and key hot which solved problem.
>
> > Try u-Traq from Uplink
>
> >http://www.uplink.com/u-traq.aspx
>
> I've got about 25 of those in service now, and they are ok for general fl=
eet
> management.
>
> He should still have switched power for the CB so it doesn't get left on.

They use a company called Itellesync? has very small draw 25ma and
does things uplink does not.
They need CB on when truck is off  so they can hear dispatch when its
time to bring a load into a site etc.and it draws so little it will
not effect battery for many hours to be safe I installed a timer to
shut it off if battery does start to weaken. Your no longer allowed to
sit and idle trucks in this state for more than 10 minutes and it can
be up to 2 hr wait till its your turn to unload.
many truck fleets now automatically shut down after 10 mins. idling
and the real pain can be with the use of a powered tail gate.etc.
dam environmentalists actually cause more problems than they fix
around here.