"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:i02klh$rfh$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Paul Ekins" <ME@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Just a quick thought, The panel isn't programmed to pick up for
>>> downloading by any chance. That might be the problem?
>>
>> I have had a phone tech deliberately double tap a panel for answering
>> machine over ride and claim that was a proof of the problem before.  It's
>> a good thought, but in this case the customer is claiming the line is
>> just going dead or cutting off several times a day while they are in a
>> conversation.
>
> Personally I think the phone company has a small carrier system feeding
> that area and that they have a heat sensitive repeater out there.  That is
> one of the problems with the way big phone companies divide labor and
> provide limited training anymore.  There are very few technicians who can
> see the big picture.  I worked for a small phone company way back when,
> and I got OJT training in carrier systems, central office switching,
> underground, premise service, aerial work and anything else that needed to
> be done.  I was pretty unhappy at the time that I never got any of the
> formal training I was promised, but in retrospect I learned a lot... I
> have forgotten a lot too, but some of that knowledge still comes in handy.

I have had an intermittent phone problem in the past where the provider had
put a small multiplex unit to double the amount of lines in the area. It was
on a pole about 200Yards down the road. This was the fault but they refused
to attend the site and denied it was even there until the panel was removed
from the line all together.

--
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Paul Ekins