251 volts and counting

That little AM radio station I take care of sounded bad today. So i go
up to the transmit site and after doing some readings find 251 volts
coming in. from the power company.
I shut everything down and called power company to inform them.
apparently they where trying to boost up the lines to this rural area
due to the 92 degree day very unusual for around here.
The alarm panel I use to protect the site was buzzing as well and shut
that down.
after I called them they cranked back what ever and i was still little
high  but with in operating specs.  it has been absolute hell around
here this summer  trying to keep electronic systems functioning. from
the severe cold and extreme snow in march  to now high heat and
extreme  thunder storms I am seeing damage Like I have never seen it
before around this area.
any one else seeing this in there territory. some times we go from
high 80's to low 50's overnight this constant up down is not helping
either.