Re: Hey Rob Blaire

> Doug" <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Over 16 years as an owner and I still don't buy Optex if there is any
>> other product in the world that will do because of you.  Imagine that
>> could have been 16 years of product loyalty...
>>
>> Come on guys.  Its too quiet in here anyway.
>>

> So what did he do to piss you off for 16 years, because
> ordinarily you're not one to bear a grudge or have a bad word to say about
> distributor or manufacturer, even when they don't perform as expected.

Nothing much at all.  Certainly not anything worth holding a grudge for 16
years.  He just turned his back on me coldly and rudely in mid sentence and
walked away when I was a fairly new alarm company owner saying loud enough
for me to hear clearly and in a tone I interpreted as pretty nasty, "Wow!
Only been in the business a few months."

This from being gungho to get me interested in his product and even offering
to send me samples of items to try out.

"So, how long have you been in the business"

"Well, we started this company about 3 months ago... "

TURNS SHARPLY AND WALKS AWAY TALKING TO HIMSELF CLEARLY LOUD ENOUGH FOR ME
TO HEAR IN A NASTY TONE.

"... but I've been a communication technician for about six (6) years, and
I've had a computer service business for the last couple years," which of
course he didn't hear.

I never got those samples he promised.  I never got an apology.  I never
even got a threat to sue me for continuing to bring it up every couple
years.

Me and a buddy of mine were over at King Alarm for a dinner banquet and a
sales pitch for about 3 manufacturers.  We were all excited.  I had jobs
going.  The bills were getting paid.  We were going to our first "trade
show" and learning all kinds of things.  We thought were going to go places.
One of the folks from King had called us and asked us to come so we did.
Figured it was a one of our first steps towards really getting serious and
professional about the business.  I left shortly after my interaction with
Mr Blaire, and I have never been to an alarm trade show of any kind since.
Why bother if the people who want you to buy their product treat you like
shit.  My buddy (and employee) was standing there with me.  When I turned to
look at him a moment later his jaw was still hanging open.

The folks at Napco do everything for me I could learn at a trade show and a
heck of a lot more, and I don't even have to leave my office.

--
The Security Consultant
P.O. Box 5720

(928) 782-9765 ofc