Re: Ever get one of these crazy people calls?

"nick markowitz" wrote in message

> ...glad i do not do residential any more bunch of fucking  lunatics...

Yes in the security business you get some residential customers who are
quite nuts and in need of counseling. And while I took some psychology in
school, I am not a psychologist. I feel counseling should be left to the
pros...

But I have been forced into doing a bit of counseling for some residential
customers in the past. With one exceptionally paranoid guy... I took some
time to reassure him that the "boogeyman" was not going to get him, etc.
Took some time to explain to him the reality of residential burglaries in
his area (very few) and that he was quite safe, etc. He seemed to be feeling
a bit better by the time I left. Felt sorry for the guy.

I did read a book on paranoid people way back when and that helped me a
great deal to understand and deal with these people. I forget the title, but
something along the lines of the paranoid personality.

And I'm not talking about people who have a legitimate reason to be
frightened. Like the CEO business owner who has fired many employees and
been threatened numerous times. Or famous people who receive letters from
nuts. People who live in high crime rate areas, etc. These people have good
reason to live in fear, but they deal with it.

Then dealing with the public in any field, most people are ok, 5% are jerks,
and 1 out of 100 will wreck the nice day you *were* having...