Re: OH, how I hate Fedex

I can't understand why they had the nerve to charge you anything at all.  Once
in a while we (or rather, one of our distributors) make a mistake and send
someone the wrong item.  If it's worth the cost we ship the replacement and
issue a call tag.  If it's inexpensive like that we ship the correct item free
and tell the client to keep the other part as a gift.

Next time they need something I know they'll come back to my online store.
That's not just being nice -- it's smart business.  How often do you get the
opportunity to turn someone complaining about a "problem" into someone saying
"great service?"

Clearly, the distributor you're speaking of doesn't understand any of that.  :(

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

==============================>
Bass Home Electronics
DIY Alarm and Home Automation Store
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
Sales & Service 941-870-2310
Fax 941-870-3252
==============================>

On Jan 25, 9:00�am, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I stopped using Fedex & UPS about 5 years ago for similar reasons. I
> used DHL for the longest time. They were great. I now exclusively use
> USPS. Just beware of their flat rate program. You often save more money
> by selecting Priority Mail instead. They have an online rate calculator
> which comes in handy. The only thing that pisses me off about USPS is
> their never ending price increases year after year. I remember when
> Priority Mail first came out. $3.85 for a one pound package. That same
> package is now $5 - $5.44, depending where its going. At the rate USPS
> is going, it will be cheaper to get in your car and deliver it yourself...
>
> Jim Rojas-

I don't have to ship much nor do I pay out much for shipping because
I'm close enough to a half dozen distributors but....
just out of curiosity, how do the USPS rates compare to UPS or the
other carriers?

But coincidently, here's a minor problem I'm am having with a home
automation distributor now.

I placed an order for 6 items. One of the 6 I received was the wrong
part. What they sent me was something that was less expensive but that
I could use eventually  So I called and said rather than go though the
whole Call tag routine, just ship me the part I originally ordered at
the same price as the incorrect part that they sent me. They agreed.
When I got the second shippment it came via USPS and the shipping cost
shown on the carton was $2.77. On the invoice I see a charge of $10.99
for shipping and handling. Then I get a follow up note via E-mail, to
ask if I got the pkg and was I satisfied with the service. Normally I
wouldn't bother to answer but, I rip off a semi nasty note about how
come I get chagred for shipping because of a mistake that they made
and also asked how they could justify $8.22 for for handling just for
putting a 6 ounce box in a 10 X !0 carton along with some air bubbles?
And I tell them they should reexamine their shipping process.

Get this, They answer by saying ..... We have a Super Saver Shipping
plan that only cost $8.99. And that the more I order the less it costs
for shipping.  WHHAAAAAT?

Now THAT gets me going.
Right now they'll be reading a nastier note asking them how come I
wasn't offered the Super Saver Shipping.?

How come they shipped it the least expensive slower way and that maybe
I got the Super Saver shipping method and they collected the
difference in cost as "handling charges" at my expense and
inconvenience.

At $2.77, how could they STILL justify $6.22 for handlling

How could shipping cost be less for a heavier package, with more labor
to pack it and more material to ship it ? They'd better  have their
bean counters take a look at their shipping policy.

And .... How come I had to pay any shipping and handling at all ......
since it was their incompetence and mistake to begin with?

I know, I know ..... it's only $6 - 7 buks but ......... what the
hell, it's only E-mail. And I enjoy watching the "customer service"
people stutter .... in an E-mail.