Re: Ping: Petem

tourman wrote:
> On Jan 1, 8:01 pm, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> tourman wrote:
>>
>>> RHC: Nice touch....as usual throwing useless barbs instead of
>>> contributing ! You don't know our history...hell, you likely know
>>> little of your own, and yet you criticize me....!!
>>
>>> They almost broke up this country because of their separatist
>>> bullshit and many in Quebec still keep at it. Many of my countrymen
>>> outside Quebec wouldn't mind frankly if they did break away. Many
>>> are supremely tired of the government giving Quebec special
>>> privileges. We could all just sit there and watch their economy go
>>> to hell, and other than the damage it would cause to the rest of
>>> the country, there would be little weeping. Personally, I don't
>>> feel that way; never have, but I lose patience at these separatist
>>> dinosaurs who continue to believe they are not part of our country.
>>> The culture of the "quebecois" as they see themselves is a fine
>>> one, and one that should be embraced as part of our country's rich
>>> diversity, but WITHIN Canada, not as a separate country.
>>
>>> So tolerance yes, but with some practical limits......
>>
>> So...then you meant tolerant of some. Eh?
>>
>> --
>> js
>>
>> Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
>
> RHC: You don't read very well, or do you just have trouble
> understanding plain English.
>
> Canada is a true multicultural society and Quebec is very much a part
> of it in spite of what separatists in Quebec would like to believe.
> But having tolerance for those who would break up our country (even
> while we embrace their culture) would be on the same level as having
> tolerance for terrorism and those who blew up the twin towers. There
> is a huge difference between having respect for the cultural
> differences in a society, and tolerating those who would destroy it.
>
> If you don't see that....well....nuff said...

I read just fine. Once again, you are embarrased at being challenged on your
own hypocritical pontifications, but lack the character to admit it.

And if you really believe that tolerance of people with differng political
or cultural beliefs in your own country is the same as being tolerant of a
mortal enemy intent on killing as many of you as possible, then you are a
much bigger fool than I thought.
--
js

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum