Re: wiegand data interference

"Silicon Sam" <siliconsam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:68e986e5-a56d-4fd3-93f3-d0770ef5fcb7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jan 4, 3:57 pm, "Dave White" <renofus...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Silicon Sam" <silicon...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> On Dec 31, 2:24 pm, "Dave White" <renofus...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I am having issues with a card reader in my elevator not sending wiegand
> > data to my controller. all voltages are good at the reader. think it may
> > be
> > interference causing problems.
> > will a wiegand extender fix this issue?
>
> Have you tried pull-up resistors at the panel end on the data lines
> 0 and 1 yet?
> nope, what value of resistor? is it manufacturer specific?

  I was just going by one install I did where 12 of the 36 readers
would not read a card correctly and they all happened to be the
readers that were farthest away.  Our tech guru at our office said to
put some pull up resistors between the power and Data 0 and power and
Data 1 lines at the panel.  Every reader was working after that.

  I just happen to be going by the site tomorrow morning for remodel
work, I'll look at the resistor value.  It's been 3 years since I did
it.  It is a Lenel system with the Indala readers.

  Gonna say it's either 1K or 4.7K resistors.  I'll look when I get
there and post tomorrow.

cool, I am going to my site today, will try out some different resistor
values