Re: Ping: Petem

On Jan 2, 12:55=A0pm, "J...@xxxxxxx" <sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Jan 1, 11:35=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > <sigh> =A0This thread started by RLB reaching out to one of his
> > detractors with the "olive branch". =A0And as usual it degraded into th=
> > usual infighting between our little group of misfits...
>
> > And Pete... the Karma thing is real. =A0Given your family medical
> > history, it would behoove you to err on side of caution. =A0 RLB has
> > never done anything to you in real-life. =A0If myself, Frank, Jim, and
> > Tom all found a way to make nice with him I'm sure you can too...
>
> It's Pete's choice. =A0I may be leaving this world soon and I want to at
> least try to make things right with anyone I may have offended. =A0I
> don't think I've ever done anything bad to Pete -- just argued with
> him online and been my usual, somewhat caustic self in the process.
> If he decides to play nice that's good. =A0If not it's not on my head.
>
> The doctors say it's a matter of a few months now, but I don't really
> feel as bad as they say I should at this point. =A0I may surprise them
> yet. =A0I'm at peace with God about dying though of course I'd rather
> wait a little longer -- say 30-40 years.
>
> Meanwhile, I'm thankful that most of you guys have chosen to be kind
> or at least neutral. =A0Know this much, please. =A0Much as we disagree on
> business matters, I wish all of you good success not just for the new
> year but for life. =A0If any of you ever do show up I haven't lost my
> touch on the grill you know. =A0:^)
>
> Sincerely,
> Robert

RHC: I have every intention to try to make it down to Florida and over
to your place. The only hangups are the dates for starting treatment
for my own prostate cancer and several other serious matters up in the
air right now, any of which may well keep me in Canada this winter.

I don't know what else to say to respond to your words other than to
say that those who would continue to hold grudges are the real losers
Bob. Continuing to do so says far more about them than about you.

God be with you and please keep us posted.