Re: OT Funny movies.

"JoeRaisin" wrote:

> This guy needs to rent a sense of humor.
> http://www.imdb.com/Reviews/221/22140

Unfortunately, it's usually the folks with the least wit who go about trying to
impart some to the rest of us.

> Some of the other reviews I found on the
> same site agreed that making the movie
> in today's climat would be difficult, at best.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071230/newsgroupreviews

The post from Stephen Lang was on the money.  Best of all, I gained a little
vocabulary reading it.  I never heard the word, "oeuvre" before.  :^)

Thinking about what you and some of the others said, perhaps it wouldn't make it
today.  Where I disagree is in the intent of the bashing.  Many people see it as
bashing blacks, Native Americans, gays, etc.  I saw it as bashing racists and
homophobes.  I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Anyway, I think it's one of the funniest movies of all time, juvenile jokes or
not.  Mel Brooks as a Yiddish-speaking Indian was hysterical.

Regards,
Robert