Re: Residential dial on DSC pc1616

Joe wrote:
> Can someone explain to me what the residential dial on a DSC PC1616 is
> under the communicator format options.
>
> Thanks

"PC call home"...  :-)

It's used in a situation where you aren't paying for third party
monitoring.  The system will call the number you program (your cell
phone for instance), and wait for you to transmit a "handshake".  The
procedure is outlined in the detailed installation manual.  Section 350,
page 39.