Re: Tyco is buying Broadview (Brinks)

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:VC95n.19404$YP1.16578@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Russell Brill wrote:
>> "mleuck"<m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote in message
>> On Jan 18, 7:50 pm, mleuck<m.le...@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> That'll give Robert Campbell AND Jim Rojas something to bitch about :)
>>
>> http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=9596292
>>
>> It looks like the Broadview rebranding wasn't going very well...
>> Brinks/Broadview will probably quietly disappear sometime in the near
>> future... I may shed a tear, NOT!!!  :-))
>
> Their business plan was sound. But due to certain economic factors, and
> their attrition rate which was nearing 20 percent, they were just another
> victim of bad timing.
>
> Instead of being like rats abandoning a sinking ship, they decided to get
> what they can while they still can get it. Since Tyco has endless deep
> pockets, and could really care less about customer retention, it just made
> sense to sell to your largest competitor.
>
> Once I heard that Broadview Networks was going after businesses, it was
> just a matter of the economy to tip the scales towards collapse.
>
> Jim Rojas

Hi Jim,

I don't agree, I think their business plan was awful. Giving people
something for next to nothing is never a good way to do business. Lets face
it, most of the freebie companies have around a 30% attrition rate, but it
doesn't matter as long as they keep putting new customers online. They just
play the finance game and hide the loss. The housing bust put an end to most
of that garbage. I hear a large group of the ADT dealers in town got wiped
out by charge backs...

If it's such a great way to do business, I wonder why I don't see more of
the large regional companies giving all sorts of free crap away. You know
the companies that have to pay their bills on their own, they don't have
some large corporate office on Wall Street that can help out when things are
tough. Everyone thought Enron and MCI World Comm were huge money makers, but
the truth finally came out about those dog crap companies. I think sooner or
later our large FREE PITA counterparts will paint themselves into a
financial corner as well. Who knows, I may actually shed a tear for

Regards,
Russ