Re: A movie with an alarm system. help Required.

On Feb 7, 9:37=A0pm, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> kjwkjw wrote:
> > On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 21:59:22 -0500, JoeRaisin
> > <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Your post is more than welcome as far as I'm concerned and I'm not
> >> saying you won't get the name of the movie - but you should make it
> >> clear that's what you're looking. =A0I thought you were looking for th=
> >> alarm system as well until your confusion at the AT&T 8000 answer...
>
> >> Any idea who the stars were? =A0Or other movies/characters they play?
>
> > That sounds like a movie from the early 90's with Ray Liotta and
> > Madeline Stowe called Unlawful Entry. =A0I don't remember the details,
> > so I can't confirm the stuff with the voice code, etc.
>
> Is this it?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlawful_Entry_%28film%29

If that is the movie I have it and they treated the security system
aspect rather well except for a few things. I sent pictures to Stevens
and Rojas but I think it's just a prop

Huge keypad, about the size of the old Westec 5000, maybe 8x10"

Branded as Wickam Security Co. which is who installed it, no other
visible brand, looks like they installed one in the bedroom, one by
the side or garage door and one by the front door.

8 zones on the left side that stay lit if the zones are closed which
would be annoying

Screen above the keys which you think is an LCD display but actually a
light which like the zone LED's is also always on and even more
annoying

Armed and what appears to be a Ready LED on the left side above the
zone LED's, no Bypass although the image isn't that clear

Standard keypad on the right side with panics on 1 & 3 and * & #,
looks like each key also does a command like Ademco, looks like she
arms it with a 3 digit code

Armed and Ready LED's and that light flash when it goes into alarm,
siren is pretty anemic but hey it's a movie.

Amusing part #1 is when Kurt Russell comes home you can see the
keypad, offscreen he opens the door, zone 1 flashes and the keypad
beeps like entry delay. Armed light turns off and Ready light turns on
then within 2 seconds zone 1 stops flashing and it goes back to armed,
no possible way he entered a code to turn it off then back on in that
amount of time.

Amusing part # 2 is when Madeleine Stowe has the bad guy Ray Liota in
the house and her life is in danger she goes to the front door walking
RIGHT PAST the garage keypad (where Ray was at) and with the front
door keypad ARMS THE FREAKING SYSTEM, no panic, no duress just arms
the system like normal, doesn't even run outside which would have at
least alerted the neighbors..

Amusing part #3 is Ray runs outside without appearing to disarm the
system first, apparently Kurt Russell comes in another door at the
same time also without disarming the system. If it was disarmed nobody
armed it back up again.

Ray comes back in through a double door setting off the siren which
sounds 50 -60 seconds then stops when the monitoring station calls.
You never hear the siren again.

Amusing part #5 is when Ray gives the incorrect password the central
station tells him it's wrong instead of the normal accepting it then
calling the police after hanging up. Also it appears the password must
be 7 letters for some reason

Amusing part #6 is Ray gets shot at the end and there's a cat that
during the movie gets spooked by everything however isn't phased at
all by the noise of Ray getting 6-8 shots to the chest with a 357
police revolver.

Amusing part #7 is 5 patrol cars, 1 motorcycle cop, an unmarked car
AND a helicopter complete with spot light show up within 10 seconds of
each other less than 3 or 4 minutes after the phone call.

House had 2 yard signs less than 20 ft apart at the front of the house

Decent topless shots of Madeline Stowe in her prime at around 35 years
old