Re: napco ma-3000 serial connection

"Adrian Buciuman" <adibuciuman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes. My intention is to use a serial cable
> and connect MA3000 to PC without any
> modem. I'm not sure if it can be done. What
> I need is the pinout for J3.

Don't do that.  Use a modem and put a phone off hook on the
other jack of the modem.  Unplug the handset from the phone,
too.  Otherwise room noise will break the "call".

I have done this many times.  The problem is you need an
old -- slow -- modem.

I can help you with the software if you need guidance.  I
don't charge.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass