Re: 6150rf

"JoeRaisin" <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hkn1dp$bcb$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> LJP602 wrote:
>> I recently started to install a vista 20p system in my house to replace
>> an existing system that was 20 years old at least. I am a novice but
>> enjoy learning about this stuff. I bought most of everything used or new
>> on ebay. I am in the process of getting all hooked up and turned on a
>> 6150rf and found a problem. I can get the unit talking to the vista but
>> the display is very hard to read. It seems like all the words are on but
>> if you get your eyes at a certain angle, it is not all on and in fact it
>> faintly shows what it is supposed to show but only when I have my eyes at
>> the right level. I thought there was no backlighting but it turns out
>> that it is on but only noticeable in the dark. Is it toast or is there
>> something that can be done. I don't have the wireless stuff working as
>> yet so I can't speak to whether that is working.
>>
>> THX
>> Larry
>
> I'm not sure I like the sounds of your keypad - that backlight shouldn't
> need darkness to be noticeable.
>
> The first thing I would do is take it apart and make sure the display
> connections are all clean and tight.
>
> I don't have a lot of confidence that this will fix it but it's always
> possible and worth the effort.
>
> Also possible that you have a power issue but if that was the case it
> would probably be doing it to both keypads, though the rf is a bigger
> power hog than the other one.  You could always try connecting it directly
> to the panel on just a few feet of wire - that can eliminate a few
> variables.

Thanks for the note Joe, I think I may have found the issue but again maybe
not. I took the keypad off the wall, disconnected it from the cable and then
unclipped the board from the case. I lifted the board out and the display
stayed in the case. Is it possible that the connection between display and
board is a pressure connection between the board and the display. I put it
back together and indeed the display is active but the same problem exists,
I can read all the fixed english on the display except when I have the
display square to my perspective. Also, the backlight, which works off of 3
led's mounted on the board, does not seem to be lighting up very well.

Do you think this is the issue with the keypad?THX
Larry