Re: 6150rf

LJP602 wrote:
> I recently started to install a vista 20p system in my house to replace an
> existing system that was 20 years old at least. I am a novice but enjoy
> learning about this stuff. I bought most of everything used or new on ebay.
> I am in the process of getting all hooked up and turned on a 6150rf and
> found a problem. I can get the unit talking to the vista but the display is
> very hard to read. It seems like all the words are on but if you get your
> eyes at a certain angle, it is not all on and in fact it faintly shows what
> it is supposed to show but only when I have my eyes at the right level. I
> thought there was no backlighting but it turns out that it is on but only
> noticeable in the dark. Is it toast or is there something that can be done.
> I don't have the wireless stuff working as yet so I can't speak to whether
> that is working.
>
> THX
> Larry

I'm not sure I like the sounds of your keypad - that backlight shouldn't
need darkness to be noticeable.

The first thing I would do is take it apart and make sure the display
connections are all clean and tight.

I don't have a lot of confidence that this will fix it but it's always
possible and worth the effort.

Also possible that you have a power issue but if that was the case it
would probably be doing it to both keypads, though the rf is a bigger
power hog than the other one.  You could always try connecting it
directly to the panel on just a few feet of wire - that can eliminate a
few variables.