Re: Recommendations for Outdoor Motion Sensors for Driveway?

On Feb 5, 10:16=EF=BF=BDpm, "Robert L Bass" <nore...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>
> > That sucker must work pretty damn good!!!
>
> I've sold a number of them online. =EF=BF=BDThe range is good and as
> long as can recall Optex' products have not given us
> problems. =EF=BF=BDWish I could say the same for some of the other
> RF stuff I've tried.
>
> Hey, Jim. =EF=BF=BDWhen are you going to take that boat out this
> year? =EF=BF=BDYou ought to sail the Florida Keys sometime.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

The boats been dry docked since the end of November.
It's gasoline powered so at 27 gallons per hour cruising speed, I'd
have to sell the farm to buy gas to get down that way.  Cost's about
$900.00 for 9 hours worth of cruising at 20 knots.

You may have forgotten, I've been boating for close to 40 years now
and there's not much I haven't seen in my immediate vicinity. So
powerboating is a nessessity for me to be able to get to remote places
within the time frame of a week's vacation. (although I sometimes take
3 seperate weeks)  I do the sailing in the Caribbean. Although I
haven't been there for about 5 years now. Unfortunately, I've been
gradually losing my sailing buddy friend, of 50 years, to Alzheimers.

Could be, I never make that trip again. Takes at least two good
experienced sailors and a couple of crew to handle a 40/50 foot sail
boat. Probably the only way I'd go now is charter a power boat. But,
it's just not the kind of seas down there for cruising with a power
boat. They're way too light. Bounce around all night long like a cork,
on anchor. Need something with a multi ton keel on it. The sea just
rollls right on by, like you weren't even there. And, when your on
vacation in the tropics, 8 knots is high speed. Great excitement
occurs if you hit 9 without taking water over the gunwale.