Re: Honeywell ICM module discontinued

"nick markowitz" wrote:

> I have had my fill of napco

Each to his own, right?  :^)

I've worked on a few Honeywell systems.  I don't care for
their programming.  The feature set is OK though.  I'm just
so used to Napco and I know how to make the bigger panels
pretty much do everything but dance a jig.  That's no great
accomplishment, I guess.  I've used them for decades.

Even though I don't install any more, I walk people through
the software all the time and get a little vicarious fun out
of it when I hear, "Yesss, it's working now..."  :^)

One product line I really miss is Elk.  They're not allowing
online sales except through a few big outfits they like.
After 30 years of selling, installing and servicing Moose,
then Elk Products, it's a shame.  The M1 series was our most
popular Home Automation line.

Speaking of Home Automation, did you notice that ADT has
joined the Z-Wave alliance?  Presumably this is for ADT
Corporate -- not the dealer program.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass