Re: 12+ snow and counting

nick markowitz <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have 12+ inches of snow up on the hill here in Pittsburgh  its going
>to be an intresting week
>
>they say south of us has 20+  so much for global warming

"Global Warming" is a misleading term.  It doesn't mean you get to
play golf and tennis in February in Pittsburgh.  It means the average
global temperature is rising.  It means the ice sheets are melting in
Greenland and Antarctica.  It means the ocean's current "conveyor"
will get out of whack, causing global "climate change".  It means
higher sea levels, bad news for people who's land is already
disappearing.

The science is there... Bush's science team tried to suppress and skew
data, but it didn't work out like he planned.

Why has this issue become a partisan one?  Why is this even a
political issue at all?  Why do right-leaning political persons tend
to dismiss global man-made climate change?

Oh, I bet is has to do with money!  Big corporations don't like the
idea of shelling out bucks to comply with zero carbon emissions.   It
will cost them money and that is not good for the "bottom line" and
the share prices.  Yeah, that's why.

BTW, Al Gore's idea of buying "carbon credits" is also ridiculous.