Re: Sprinkler system filled with antifreeze cause house to explode when activated

On Feb 24, 8:21=EF=BF=BDpm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20100224/NEWS/100229982&parentprofil...
>
> and they want to put sprinklers in every new home built and many areas
> there going to have to use antifreeze and this is what happens when
> not mixed properly.
> some times i think we are going backwards not forward with technology.

I didn't know that antifreeze could ignite!

What the hell are they doing for crisake!

I can just imagine how that design was arrived at:

Ok now guys, we have to put something in the sprinkler system that
will stop the lines from freezing. What should we use?

We can use antifreeze, of course, and it's cheap too.

Does anyone know if antifreeze is flamable?

Nobody knows?

No. not for sure. But I think I remember hearing that if you mix it
just right with water, it wont ignite.

OK, sounds good to me. That's what we'll use.

But we'll have to put a disclaimer on the container that warns them
that it's dangerous to mix in too much and that we're not liable if
they do. Make sure it's written in Spanish too.