Re: Took the plunge!

I bought two machines from Dell a few months ago.  Each has
4 Quads, 32-Gigs, RAID 6 array (8 drives each).  They weigh
90 lbs each.  They're sitting on a server farm in Tampa
behind a nice hardware firewall.  We're running them in a
"cloud" -- which for me just seems so natural these days...
:^)

Each machine runs both websites, load sharing/balancing.
Also, I'd have lose 4 drives on both machines before the
system actually goes down.

Neither machine has anything special for video but then, no
one is up there playing Trekkie games all night... (well,
hopefully they're not...)

I think you'll have more fun with that laptop than anyone
will from a pair of servers though.

By the way Frank and G,

Your prayers must be working.  I've been feeling much better
this week.  Barely even used my cane for the past couple of
days and I'm way less tired.  Sad though, I can't ride any
more.  Sold the Suzuki M109R tonight.  The guy wants to buy
the Honda, too.  Guess I'll let him take it.  [sniff]

--

All the best,
Robert