Re: Panel grounding

On Feb 5, 4:31=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <nore...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "tourman" wrote:
>
> > ...I've just been diagnosed with very
> > early prostate cancer, so treatment
> > may take away from time allotted
> > for installs...
>
> How early? =A0Did they say what Gleason grade you're at? =A0If
> it's less than 5 when they caught it, the prognosis is way
> better ... typically full recovery.
>
> There are several things that tell you how good/bad prostate
> cancer is. If the doctor found it with the finger waive, it
> means the tumor is "palpable," larger than if it was only
> found because of an elevated PSA (blood test). =A0Ask him what
> the Stage is AND the Gleason score. =A0Together those things
> tell you a lot more than descriptive stuff like "it's
> early."
>
> Whatever it is, I'm praying for you, Bob. =A0Glad it's early.
>
> All the best,
> Robert

RHC: Thank you Bob !

Gleason score 6, T1c category....one core cancerous out of 10 taken.
Although the real stuff starts in April, one of the options they are
considering is Active Surveillance, since they feel things are at a
very early stage. However, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with doing
nothing given that cancerous cells can be microscopic, and spread to
other organs in an undetectable fashion until it is too late. Probably
going to go for standard radiation or brachytherapy. PSA is less than
4.0, but this may be due to the effects of Proscar (to shrink an
enlarged prostate).

Kinda up in the air at this point, but I'm not going to even think
about it until April. I can honestly say this hasn't cost me even one
moment of sleep. I refuse to worry about something that is, and with a
little luck, can be cured. Even if they can't, I'm not going to go
through life worried sick about something that is being treated as
well as it can be, and to date, hasn't had one physical effect on my
life.

Life really is too short....