Re: Recommendations for Outdoor Motion Sensors for Driveway?

"Jim" wrote:

>  The boats been dry docked since the end of November.
It's gasoline powered so at 27 gallons per hour cruising
speed, I'd
have to sell the farm to buy gas to get down that way.
Cost's about
$900.00 for 9 hours worth of cruising at 20 knots.

I'll say that's expensive.  I don't recall if I ever said
anything about it here but years ago in CT I came within
minutes of signing the papers on a 30' Sea Ray.  The thing
that blew the deal was consideration of slippage.  We lived
in W. Hartford, which is *hours* of repeated no wake zones
up the Connecticut river from the Sound.  I started
seriously "doing the numbers" -- number of usable days per
season, cost (time and $) just to get to open water, etc.
You know far better than I.  Anyway, at the last minute I
got cold feet.  That was really good because about a year
later my whole situation changed.  I'd have lost the almost
entire investment in the settlement.

Now I live minutes from the water and it's almost ten years
since I've been on a boat in the USA.  I've been out in
Brazil and that was fun.  (Oh yeah, I apologize for the "SS
Jiminex" picture).  That was in Boipeba, a really beautiful
little island paradice.  If you ever have the opportunity,
you really should go down ther.  It's not about sex,
crazyiness or anything like that.  The country is beautiful
and the people are the friendliest on earth.  Unlike mot
Latin-American places they really like Americanos.  Maybe
it's becaue we haven't tried to run their country for them.
:^)

> You may have forgotten, I've been boating for close to 40
> years now
and there's not much I haven't seen in my immediate
vicinity. So
powerboating is a nessessity for me to be able to get to
remote places
within the time frame of a week's vacation. (although I
sometimes take
3 seperate weeks)  I do the sailing in the Caribbean.
Although I
haven't been there for about 5 years now. Unfortunately,
I've been
gradually losing my sailing buddy friend, of 50 years, to
Alzheimers.

I watched my Dad go downhill with senility -- not
Alzheimers, but the results wre heart-breaking.  He died a
year ago last Friday.

> Could be, I never make that trip again. Takes at least two
> good
experienced sailors and a couple of crew to handle a 40/50
foot sail
boat. Probably the only way I'd go now is charter a power
boat. But,
it's just not the kind of seas down there for cruising with
a power
boat. They're way too light. Bounce around all night long
like a cork,
on anchor. Need something with a multi ton keel on it. The
sea just
rollls right on by, like you weren't even there. And, when
your on
vacation in the tropics, 8 knots is high speed. Great
excitement
occurs if you hit 9 without taking water over the gunwale.

Ah, but the memories are a lifetime of joy.

--

Regards,
Robert