6150rf

I recently started to install a vista 20p system in my house to replace an
existing system that was 20 years old at least. I am a novice but enjoy
learning about this stuff. I bought most of everything used or new on ebay.
I am in the process of getting all hooked up and turned on a 6150rf and
found a problem. I can get the unit talking to the vista but the display is
very hard to read. It seems like all the words are on but if you get your
eyes at a certain angle, it is not all on and in fact it faintly shows what
it is supposed to show but only when I have my eyes at the right level. I
thought there was no backlighting but it turns out that it is on but only
noticeable in the dark. Is it toast or is there something that can be done.
I don't have the wireless stuff working as yet so I can't speak to whether
that is working.

THX
Larry