Re: 6150rf

"nick markowitz" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:419cbaa5-8c54-4854-9894-431daa5ab5f9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Feb 7, 11:31 am, "LJP602" <l.pen...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I recently started to install a vista 20p system in my house to replace an
> existing system that was 20 years old at least. I am a novice but enjoy
> learning about this stuff. I bought most of everything used or new on
> ebay.
> I am in the process of getting all hooked up and turned on a 6150rf and
> found a problem. I can get the unit talking to the vista but the display
> is
> very hard to read. It seems like all the words are on but if you get your
> eyes at a certain angle, it is not all on and in fact it faintly shows
> what
> it is supposed to show but only when I have my eyes at the right level. I
> thought there was no backlighting but it turns out that it is on but only
> noticeable in the dark. Is it toast or is there something that can be
> done.
> I don't have the wireless stuff working as yet so I can't speak to whether
> that is working.
>
> THX
> Larry

the keypad needs addressed to 16 0r 17 on the key buss  push in 1 and
3 at same time see what address is many come defaulted at 31 . if
defaulted to 31 then you need to program it so it displays properly.
upon power up push  1 and 3 then  set address and push star.

Thanks but got that part done, I think. It is addressed as 17 and the vista
P is set so it sees it and I can operate system from this keypad. I have a
6160 addressed as 16. Problem is just the display.

THX