Re: Home Depot robber delays alarm company, flees with $10,000

"David 01" <ifiwantspam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>?Here is the link. Sorry, but program would not let me do link as hyperlink.
>Maybe someone can fix it with their program.
>

>http://www.kentucky.com/2010/12/29/1582191/home-depot-robber-delays-alarm.html#storylink=omni_popular

I was finishing a small business in a shopping center once on a
contracting deal.  The installing company assured me it was on
"test" (they called the CS instead of giving me the code word).

I sent a complete round of burg. signals from every zone, then
turned off the alarm with the duress code.

A minute later the shopkeeper say's "uhhh, it's your company, they
need to talk to you".  It wasn't the company, it was the CS
wanting the code word!  It was not on test.  I told the operator
this was a new install and was supposed to be on test, I did not
know the code word.

So he says he's calling the cops.  I said go ahead, but they won't
come because there is no permit yet.  Then he said, but I also got
a *duress* alarm.  OH FUCK!  I asked him to hold the line while I
dialed the company I was installing for on my cell to get the
code.  The CS dude talked to me for 10 minutes before I got the
code word and he never dispatched that whole time.  What an idiot.

The code word was "Flintstones", one of the VERY few, of
thousands, I can still remember.