"tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:45c4dc1f-f1ce-42bb-a671-b7e43331bdc5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Dec 18, 7:47 am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 17, 11:37 pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 17, 11:08 pm, "Russell Brill" <russwbr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > "nick markowitz" <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > This sounds fishy.... The "please let me out of my contract song"
> > > usually
> > > means "I really want it FREE"... The alarm is junk, but she wants it
> > > moved
> > > to another house??? I'm not trying to defend ADT, but their alarms
> > > work a
> > > lot better when turned ON...........
>
> > RHC: Yeah, I'm no fan of ADT either; however, not turning the alarm on
> > and then blaming the alarm for not doing it's job is a lot more common
> > than most non-security people think. It never ceases to amaze me how
> > many people will buy an alarm and then tell me at some point they
> > never use it.
>
> I see this all the time they claim alarm did not work etc etc. because
> there being stalked by a high tech jealous ex
> husband/ boy friend who can enter and do things in the home like
> Houdini .
> In the end the victim in there own delusion has created and caused the
> whole situation time and again never found one legitimate case .
> A system properly installed is very hard to defeat and if it is
> defeated it is detectable. No signs of tampering the victim is
> imagining whole thing and doing it to them selves. Buy the book I
> could write on this.

RHC: Nick, had another one of these stories just the other day.  A
person called me and asked me to put in a non-monitored alarm for him.
I asked him why he wanted to waste money like this, and he told me his
wife is  insisting that people are bypassing the heavy duty crank
style windows and wandering around the home at night. He wanted to put
in a system just to set off a horn and warn his wife when these people
are supposedly wandering around. Well, right away I recognized his
wife likely had a mental problem and needed the assistance of a mental
health expert, and certainly not my assistance. As tactfully as I
could, I told him this, and he didn't batt an eye, having recognized
this himself long ago. He just thought the alarm would prove to her
once and for all that no one was coming in at night.

Well, I told him not to waste his money, since even with the alarm,
she would find some excuse in her mind how they were able to somehow
bypass the alarm. Poor guy saw the logic in it, thanked me and hung
up.

I sensed he was at the end of his rope....

And then there was the one who's neighbor was coming in her doggy door and
using her cold cream.