Re: Amazing housing starts up last 2 months to go dead stop

On Dec 20, 1:56=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 20, 12:32=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 20, 7:36=A0am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Amazing =A0housing starts are up last 2 months of year when winter is
> > > here crews are putting in footers in snow in my area . Everyone says
> > > the economy is picking up when in realty everyone is trying to beat
> > > new sprinkler code.
> > > So what will housing do next month hit the skids.
> > > and it is not just the sprinkler issue it is all the new electrical
> > > code requirements such as no more standard breakers every breaker now
> > > must be ground fault or arc fault at $45 a piece =A0and all outlets
> > > tamper/child proof at $1.50 each, plus new energy codes which require
> > > thermal /vacuum tests etc to prove the insulation is working properly=
.
> > > =A0The extra $8000.00 to $10,000 builders are saying it is going to c=
ost
> > > to build a new home is realistic.
> > > I really feel sorry for you guys who sell new residential.
>
> > > To make matters worse true cost of sprinklers are not being revealed
> > > either.
>
> > > In Allegheny county where I live only registered master plumbers will
> > > be allowed to install $$$$
>
> > > What about the back flow valve and $150.00 annual test $$$$
>
> > > What if you need a separate tap in or you need a pressure tank $$$$
>
> > > Insurance will increase due to potential water damage and black mold
> > > unless your state has passed a statute to prevent it $$$$$$$ =A0think
> > > freezing temps.
>
> > > I was just at a customers restaurant who had a pipe freeze up and
> > > cause $250,000in damage
>
> > > Plus the fact sprinklers will not prevent every fire death. they will
> > > not catch the person smoking in bed theirs a good chance they will di=
> > > before sprinklers activate.
>
> > > I am not saying lets not install sprinklers but lets not put on rosy
> > > glasses and say this is the savior and answer to all fires and not
> > > reveal the truth as to problems and costs with keeping a maintained
> > > system.
> > > Once again the Fire Service is going to get a black eye just look at
> > > the Ionization / photo smoke issue.
>
> > All due to the hype propegated by the "Safety Zealots"
>
> > " If it saves the life of OOOOOOOOONE =A0person ..... then it's worth
> > it"
>
> RHC: Yeah...right....that's also what the gun control extremist always
> say to justify their loony proposals. If you follow that logic, you'd
> end up banning just about everything dangerous in society, including
> automobiles and =A0booze. =A0I wonder how that would fly.....:))

Oh ya thats the best one once I start mentioning costs etc on the fire
fighter groups it im a mouth piece for builders but not one of the
fire wienies i have asked the questions to have come back with solid
answers.
all there going on is hype not field observation like id do.
Like I told them when the back lash comes remember who told you so.