Re: Bosch and Ryobi Recall

On Dec 11, 11:40=A0am, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Frank Kurz <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Bosch is recalling about 20,000 hammer drills.
> >Ryobi's recalling a number of older model cordless drills (this last one
> >is pretty amazing actually because they're replacing drills older than
> >five years!)
>
> I had a Ryobi drill once. =A0It had no guts "18v", and the batteries last=
ed 10
> minutes.
>
> I've got a Porter Cable that amazes me how long the batteries last.

RHC: I pretty well stay with Milwaukee drills for their quality and
amazing battery life. Too expensive though; however, you generally get
what you pay for. Lately, my son and I have started using Rigid
drills, which seem to be ok except the battery life is not very long.
Picked up another one in Florida at Lowes for $69....smaller battery
but it came with a charger etc. It's very light and excellent for
drilling window contacts where you have to have your arm extended out
somewhat.

Have a Ryobi as well. For the price, they aren't bad but not very good
for professional use.....amazing what China puts out these days. Been
tempted to buy Porter Cable as well....they look to be professional
quality

Being a "tool junkie" has it's problems....:))