Re: Bosch and Ryobi Recall

On 12/11/2010 8:04 AM, nick markowitz wrote:
> On Dec 11, 12:21 am, "Doug"<n...@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> "Frank Kurz"<t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote in message

>>> Bosch is recalling about 20,000 hammer drills.
>>> Ryobi's recalling a number of older model cordless drills (this last one
>>> is pretty amazing actually because they're replacing drills older than
>>> five years!).
>>
>>> http://www.firetechs.net/library/bulletins.asp
>>
>>> --
>>> Frank Kurz
>>> www.firetechs.net
>>
>> They are talking about 2001-2003 I would be amazed if there are any Ryobi's
>> of that vintage still out there.
>>
>> Doug
>
> I use Ryobi and have them that old as I take very good care of my
> tools . It depends what your using them for for a home owner they can
> last a long time.
>
> I have the CPSC info bulletin which runs on my blog all the time it is
> absolutely amazing the number of recalls every week

I have found that my Ryobi 18v is pretty tough.  I will occasionally
skip a drill down the ladder - not often, but it happens.  The
Milwaukee's are tough but the expensive batteries break every time and
after a few bumps the Dewalt's have a tendency to start skipping their
clutches.

They don't have the 'gut-it-through' power that the red or yellow ones
do, but they're relatively inexpensive and the batteries are more
affordable.