Re: Ademco Vocabulary Mishmash

> The 5828V only speaks these words period

> ALARM         DINING         KITCHEN      POOL       UTILITY
> ATTIC          DOOR         LAUNDRY      ROOM      WINDOW
> BABY         EMERGENCY LIBRARY      SHED      YARD
> BACK         FIRE                 LIVING      SHOP      ZONES
> BASEMENT FLOOR         MAIN      SIDE
> BATHROOM FRONT         MASTER      SLIDING
> BEDROOM GARAGE         MESSAGE    SMOKE
> CHECK         GUN                 MOTION     STORAGE 1ST
> DEN HALL                         OFFICE         SYSTEM 2ND
> DETECTOR INSIDE         PATIO     UPSTAIRS 3RD

As best I can determine, when attatched to the Vista 20P, the 5828V can say
any word that is in both the vocabulary of the 5828V and Vista 20P, and is
not, for example, limited to the words available to the Vista20p/6160V as
indicated on page 30 of the Vista 20P installation manual.  For example,
according the documentation, the 6160V can not say YARD (as indicated by no
asterist), but the 5828V can.  Or, perhaps the 6160V can say YARD and there
is a typo in the manual.  I don't have a 6160V and can't test that.  I don't
see any other similar exceptions.

When the 5828V is connected to a LYNX, the words CHECK, ONE, TWO, and THREE
are available.  These words are not available with the Vista20P/6160RF/5828V
combination.

These exceptions notwithstanding, I think all other words in the master list
above are available in both the LYNX/5828V and Vista20P/6160RF/5828V
combinations.  Of course, as Murphy would have it, I had used all four words
CHECK, ONE, TWO, and THREE with the LYNX, and now must use something else.
:)

Best,
Christopher